There are many risks of accidents and other troubles before, during and even after the summer vacations.
Please keep the following in mind, and take precautions as much as possible.
- Do not drink if you are underage, and more importantly do not give drinks to underage persons – it is against the law.
- Even if you are over 20, do not drink in excess.
- Definitely do not ‘force’ people to drink or insist on ‘down-in-ones’ (downing your drink in one go).
- If someone has drank in excess and has passed out or not feeling well, do not leave him or her alone, and take appropriate measures.
- Be aware that possessing and use of drugs is dangerous as well as a criminal offense. Simply stay away from them.
- In order to prevent heat stroke, make sure you drink sufficient liquid (non-alcohol) to stay hydrated regardless of whether you are indoors or outdoors.
- Risk of property loss is increased during the vacation on campus. Be careful for your valuables.
Please refer to the following website regarding other cautions.
http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/stu01/h12_002_j.html * in Japanese
It is important to prevent an accident for yourself and for each other by being careful among friends. Criminal behavior is subject to disciplinary action and will be strictly dealt with.
The University of Tokyo