Case Study (Japanese Macroeconomic Policy: Solutions to Monetary and Fiscal Policy Challenges)
Credit / Semester / Schedule / Language
2 Credits / Summer / Tuesday Period: 6 / English
2011 Term Papers
- “The Macroeconomic Impact of Default: A Study of the Japanese Case”
Akifumi Takegawa, Atsushi Fukumoto, June Park, Nuoya Wen, Shingo Futami
- “Pension Reform in Japan: is NDC the Solution?”
Hironori Ishizaki, Boon Loong Ngiang, Onyi Lam
This case study will be conducted in English
Macroeconomic Policy, Monetary policy, fiscal policy, growth policy, deflation
The possible topics for the case study include the followings:
(1) How to raise the growth potential of the Japanese economy?
(2) Should Japan participate in TPP?
(3) How can Japan overcome “deflation”?
(4) How can Japan avoid fiscal crisis?
Discussion, group projects, presentation, and critical discussion
Class participation, Presentation, and Final Report
Readings will be assigned as topics are chosen
Notes on Taking the Course
Class participation will be very important