Education & Employment
- 2010 PhD in Public Policy, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- 2006 Master of Business Administration, University of Adelaide, Australia
- 2005 Master of Science in Environmental Management, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- 2002 Doctorate in Business Administration, California Southern University, USA
- 1998 Master of Business Administration (International Business), Asia Pacific Graduate Institute of Management / City University
- 1997 Master of Arts in Advanced Japanese Studies, Sheffield University, UK
- 1986 Bachelor of Business Administration, Lakehead University, Canada
- 1984 National Diploma Of Marketing Management, British Columbia Institute of Technology
Past vocational positions include Managing Director of Asia Pacific Development International, Dean of the British Education College in Tokyo (affiliated with the UK Northern Consortium), Director of the British Council Training Centre in Taiwan, Deputy Director of the British Council Tunisia, and Executive Vice-President of Vektor Multimedia-Japan,.
Past academic positions include Assistant Professor, National Sun Yat-Sen University, MBA program, Assistant Professor, Shinawatra University, MBA program, Research Fellow in Energy at the National University of Singapore.
Energy policy, sustainable development, corporate environmental management, public management
1. Books / Book Chapters:
- Valentine S. 2010. “The Fuzziness of Energy Security” in Benjamin K. Sovacool (ed). The Routledge Energy Security Handbook, Routledge (Date of publication to be confirmed)
- Valentine S. 2010. “A Strategic Environmental Management Framework And Empirical Evidence That It Does Not Always Pay To Be Green” in Lin Heng Lye et al. (ed). Sustainability Matters: Environmental Management in Asia, World Scientific.
- Valentine, S.V. 2009. “Reframing Global Warming: Toward a Strategic National Planning Framework” in Kheng-Lian Koh, Lin Heng Lye and Joline Lin (eds), Crucial Issues in Climate Change and the Kyoto Protocol:Asia and the World, World Scientific.
- Valentine S. 2006. “Communication and Interpersonal Skills” in James Lee (ed). Management, 2nd Ed, FCMC Publishing, Taiwan.
- Valentine S. 2004. “Communication and Interpersonal Skills” in James Lee (ed). Management, 1st Ed, FCMC Publishing, Taiwan, Chapter 13, pages 342-359.
- Valentine, S. 2002. Life in the Balance, Infinity Publishing, NY.(ISBN: 0-7414-1206-3)
2. Recent Refereed Journal Articles
- Valentine, S.V. 2010. “A STEP Toward Understanding Wind Power Development Policy Barriers in Advanced Economies”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, Article in Press.
- Valentine, S.V. 2010. “Japanese Wind Energy Development Policy: Grand Plan or Group Think?”, Energy Policy, Article In Press.
- Valentine, S.V. 2010. “The Green Onion: A Corporate Environmental Strategy Framework”, CSR and Environmental Management, Article In Press.
- Sovacool, B.K. and Valentine, S.V. 2010. “The Socio-Political Economy of Nuclear Energy in China and India”, Energy, 35(9), Pg. 3803-3813
- Valentine, S.V. 2010. “Braking Wind in Australia: A Critical Evaluation of the National Renewable Energy Target”, Energy Policy, 38(7), Pg. 3668?3675.
- Valentine, S.V. 2010. “Disarming the Population Bomb”, International Journal of Sustainable Development and World Ecology, 17(2), Pg. 120-132.
- Valentine, S.V. 2010. “Canada's Constitutional Separation of (Wind) Power”, Energy Policy, 38(4), Pg. 1918-1930.
- Valentine, S.V. 2010. “Disputed Wind Directions: Reinvigorating Wind Power Development in Taiwan”, Energy for Sustainable Development, 14(1), Pg. 22-34.