Call for Application: GraSPP Policy Challenge “SDG Technology and Policy Innovation Lab”
-Apply, collaborate internationally and go to Paris!!
GraSPP Policy Challenge（GPC）is a brand new initiative at GraSPP, in which Japanese and international students collaborate and seek to improve their teambuilding and policy-making skills. Participants are tasked with responding to pressing real-world policy challenges as a group, and with designing policies and proposals in response to those challenges.
This year, it is proposed that the GPPN partners and their student groups undertake a “SDG Technology and Policy Innovation Lab.” The purpose of this lab would be to mobilize student intelligence to develop creative technology and policy solutions to challenges around the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Students would be invited to produce either short applied concept papers or applied projects.
You will be tasked to develop creative solutions around the below core Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs):
- SDG 3– Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 7– Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG11 – Sustainable cities and communities – make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- SDG12 – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns – that would open up innovation across many sectors such as water, energy, food, ending hunger, nutrition, extractive industries, transport systems, climate change, etc.
- SDG13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- SDG16: Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies.
Please apply individually through the online form: https://goo.gl/9N3Tji by 11th October. Each student will be assigned into a group considering the themes and nationality etc. Announcement of the working groups will be made by 14th October.
You can register this initiative as a Case Study course ”GraSPP Policy Challenge – SDG Technology and Policy Innovation Lab I” in A2 term. Those who submit a policy proposal or prototype of quality by the deadline (31st January) will earn 2 credits.
*For more information on the course, please check the course syllabus.
Contact: GraSPP International Affairs Office: email@example.com