How to Calculate Your GPA at GraSPP.
How to Calculate Your GPA at GraSPP
Convert each letter grade into its grade point. The grade points associated with each letter grade are as follows:
Letter Grades Grade Points A+ 4.3 A 4 B 3 C 2
- Multiply each course grade points by the number of credit points.
Ex: 4.3 (grade A+) x 4.0 (credits) = 17.2
- Add all those totals.
- Divide that sum by total credit points you have earned. This is your GPA.
Ex: (4.3 x 4.0 + 3 x 2.0 + 2 x 2.0) / 8.0 (credits)= 3.4
– This rule only applies to GraSPP students.
– A course taken at other graduate schools or undergraduate faculties at the University of Tokyo does not count in the GPA calculation.
– When a course is taken on “Pass” or “Q” does not used in the GPA calculation.
November 8, 2012
Graduate School of Public Policy, The University of Tokyo