NOTICE: Treatment of Personal Information by the University of Tokyo
In accordance with regulations including The University of Tokyo Rules on the Procedures for the Appropriate Management of Personal Information Retained by the University, The University of Tokyo (hereinafter referred to as “the University”) strives to protect personal information. The University will use personal information for providing better education, verifying educational effects, and providing information after the completion, etc. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Purpose of Use
The University will use personal information (admission documents submitted, the data in the Academic affairs system, and answer to Questionnaire on your career path after completion, etc.) for the following purposes.
- Management of student registration, registration for courses, student results
- Identify verification（For example, if you lose your student ID, the University will identify you with a photo）
- Issuance of various certificates (Certificate of university attendance, academic transcript, etc.)
- Use of on-campus facilities such as libraries
- Health management
- Tuition fee management
- Inquiry to the student about the various documents which were submitted for study, etc.
- Communication to the guarantor in case of accidents, incidents, injuries
- Communication to the guarantor in case of that it may bad effect pass to advance grade, completion, etc.
- Announcement about university activities
- Providing personal information to systems available at the University
- Creation of statistical data on activities while in graduate school, career after completion, etc.
- Provision of various information from the University after completion
Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
Except in cases when prescribed by law, the University will not provide personal information to a third party, without the prior consent of the individual involved.
Contact for Inquiries
If you have any questions about the treatment of personal information at the University, please contact at the GraSPP Graduate School Office <ppin[at]j.u-tokyo.ac.jp>.