Request for Certificates
Please contact GraSPP Office if you need irregular certificates.
With the Automatic Certificate Dispenser *for Current Students Only
Current students can obtain the following certificates on-the-spot with the automatic certificate dispensers on campus:
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Academic Transcript
- Certificate of Expected Program Completion (* for students in their last year only)
- JR student discount certificate
A student ID card and password for UTAS are required to operate the dispenser.
Location: Location Map of the automatic certificate dispensers ( MAP_As of 2023.3.22 ) * in Japanese
In person at the GraSPP office *for Graduates
Please submit the “Application for Certificate” form at the window of GraSPP Office. Regular certificates are issued immediately.
You need to present;
- Your ID, when you are the applicant
- The ID of the proxy and a letter of proxy with your signature, when applying through a proxy
|9 am-5 pm on weekdays (see bulletain board for temporal office closure information)
|13F at International Academic Research Bldg.
Via post *for Graduates
Please send the “Application for Certificate” form and a copy of your ID to the address below. In the request form, please specify how you receive the certificates. If you need them by post, a self-addressed stamped envelope need to be enclosed.
If you can not download the Application for Certificate form (PDF), please request with the following information on an A4 size piece of paper.
* Name and surname
* Date of birth
* Telephone number
* Permanent e-mail address
* Purpose and submitting destination
* Entrance month and year
* Type of certificate and number of sheets requested
Graduate School of Public Policy
The University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033 Japan
Application forms for regular certificates will be processed within 24 hours of receipt except for weekends.
Rough estimate of weight
Up to 3 copies: 25 grams / Up to 8 copies: 50 grams
- Japan Post Rate schedule for international mails
by Email *for Graduates
Please send the “Application for Certificate” form and a copy of your ID to GraSPP Office. In the request form, please specify how you receive the certificates. If you need them by post, a self-addressed stamped envelope need to be sent by post to GraSPP Office.
Digitally Singed PDF Certificates (updated on February 1, 2024)
- Certificates in PDF format are digitally signed.
- A paper printout of this PDF document is not valid as an original certificate.
- PDF certificates with digital signatures are now issued experimentally at some faculties/graduate schools in UTokyo. This operation is subject to change.
- PDF certificates will be processed within three working days.