Request for Certificates
Certificates are issued in the following three ways:
With the Automatic Certificate Dispenser (current students only)
Current students can obtain following certificates on-the-spot with the automatic certificate dispenser:
- Student registration
- Academic transcript
- Expected date of completion (* second years only)
- JR student discount certificate
Your PIN for the automatic certificate dispenser is the same with UTAS.
Location: Location Map of the automatic certificate dispensers ( MAP_As of 2017.8.22 ) * in Japanese
In person at the GraSPP office
Please come to our office and lodge your request after filling in the “Application for Certificate” form. Applications are processed within 24 hours, but shall not processed on weekends, public or office holidays. English language certificates take approximately one week.
The following items are necessary when lodging an application at the office:
- When you are the applicant; student card (alumni: ID card)
- When applying through a proxy; the ID card of the proxy and a letter of proxy with your signature
|Location:||13F at International Academic Research Bldg.|
Please send an “Application for Certificate” form and copy of student card (alumni: ID card) with a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to the address below. Please enclose an International Reply Coupon (equivalent to a 130 yen stamp in Japan if you don’t have Japanese stamps) when sending the application from abroad.
- Application for Certificate(PDF, 82.4KB)
When you are unable to download the Application for Certificate form (PDF), please include the following details printed on an A4 size piece of paper.
* Name and surname
* Date of birth
* Telephone number
* Permanent e-mail address
* Purpose and submitting destination
* Entrance month and year
* Type of certificate and number of sheets requested
Graduate School Office
Graduate School of Public Policy
The University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033 Japan
Application forms will be processed within 24 hours of receipt except when part of that 24 hours falls on weekends, public or office holidays.
Rough estimate of weight
Up to 3 copies: 25 grams
Up to 8 copies: 50 grams
* Postage is different depending on way of shipping (express mail / airmail etc.) and individual request (sealed envelope). Please confirm postage with the GraSPP Graduate School Office in advance.
- Japan Post (Rate schedule for international mails)